Bulk image import? (50,000+ part thumbnails)

I looked on our Epicor server (which is also the IIS host for Epicor) and couldn’t find these folders either, any pointers on where they are hiding?

We have a use case where storing part images in a folder would be a lot easier than Modding our web service.

1 Like

I’ve only got a moderate level of photos, so mine are database blobs, I’ve never messed with
anything else. Now you got me thinking.

Until I read what he quoted from the docs, I didn’t know there was non-blob storage for images at all.

Now that I re-read it, I believe it is only referring to it for the purposes of DMT.
I bet it’s only for import to blobs.

I read somewhere that this was the old way they did images, but if still functioning would certainly be useful.

I don’t know if it’s that, or the just for dmt import thing, but a bpm could easily handle getting
it down.

Slight bit more work to get it uploaded (or assigned), but doable.

That’s from the Data Dictionary Viewer as the field description. I popped in EpiCare case CS0003874597. Let’s see if we get a useful response.

If we don’t, hit me back up, I’d be willing to write up a generic framework to get them downloaded from a generic location into the part attributes page the epicor way.

(IE, some assembly required.)

Here’s a post about getting the image for SSRS but it should do the trick.

Popped up some test code a few minutes ago. Works a treat.

Completed:
https://www.epiusers.help/t/images-from-web-instead-of-db-blobs/107003