Can you run Epicor client using a docker image?

Why does it smell like pine trees and alcohol!? LOL

Or maybe that’s an Ocean Breeze scent??? :wink:

josecgomez.sixs Jose C Gomez - We host with Digital Ocean

Speaking of Docker, can I ask the question here, (or should I post a new thread?) has anyone used Docker to run the Epicor10 client? Just curious if that is even possible and how it is working out for you…? :slight_smile:

I’m sure you could… though I don’t see the benefit…

I was thinking that would eliminate the need for some Windows Licensing costs…I need to dig into the Docker documentation further to better understand how it works but I was wondering if you could run the Epicor10 Windows Docker image on possibly a Linux server? Or at the very least run it on a Windows server but without the extra Windows/Citrix licensing costs?

We are using Citrix right now for our plant users and I thought maybe this could be an alternative since most of our plant users only need to access Epicor\Epicor MES and don’t need access to anything else in the underlying Windows desktop environment…just been brainstorming that option.

Have you looked at EWA? With 10 it’s pretty nice and it runs in any standard HTML 5 browser… You could get them all Chrome-Books then lol

2 Likes

BTW I split this off into a new thread. Maybe you’ll get more input

1 Like

You know I have not give EWA a good look since E10…:thinking: I think that it was such a bear to work with back in the E9 days that I just dismissed it altogether. Heh…heh… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: But thank you for that suggestion! I will take a look at it again.

Oh boy! Do you know where I can get a good deal on a lot of Chrome-Books!? LOL

Great! Thank you! :slight_smile: :+1:

Chromebooks may get more interesting now that they can do Android apps (so there goes productivity as people install Farmville games). The initial reviews of the Android support are … sporadic… but will be interesting to follow as it evolves.
The Windows version of this would be the Windows 10 S devices if you are concerned about rejection by users who want their Windows devices and tools. The evolution of both platforms will be fun to follow.

3 Likes