Chart Tracker Error

Hi,

I have an issue within Chart Tracker.
On one of our P&L sales code the movement summary tab shows a balance of £94,350.35 for March 2019 (all credits) but when moving to the transaction Detail tab the sum of the credits only comes to £90,992.61.
I suspect something is stuck in the system and hasn’t posted itself to the GL Trans table but for the life of my I cannot figure where its gotten stuck.
Has anyone else come across this before and could offer some guidance?
Thanks
Paul

We had an issue with Multi-Currency where the currency code was blank on some transactions which led to strange numbers on the Chart Tracker. Not sure if that’s an issue with you but something to check out maybe.

If you can put the Database into a Test Environment, you can run a Process called Verify Balances.

This recalculate the GL Values so this could possibly fix the incorrect numbers you are seeing

Have you read through the following?

edit

updated link to point to the resolving post.

Thanks! Just tried it in our test system and it worked!!! Thank you.

Just to satisfy my curiosity…what does the “Verify Balances” program actual do?

Verify Balance Records Process

Use the Verify Balance Records Process to verify that your balance records are accurate. This is done by recalculating the balance from the transaction details and comparing them to the existing balance records.

You can also use the Verify Balance Records Process to rebuild balance records if they become inaccurate, or if the balance setup changes. After determining your selection criteria and executing the program, a report is created that records the results.

Like the PartBin records, the value is a reference. The “true” value (one that is used if there is a discrepancy) is the sum of all the related transactions.