Cloud Responsiveness

Random performance swings is one I hear a lot about… sometimes something takes 7 seconds to load… sometimes 37 seconds, even with caching on

you can link multiple windows at the same time, I think hold down shift and then click the link (or something) opens a second window

In our experience with Cloud lately is it’s terribly slow. Kinetic seems to have made it worse. Haven’t tried it in the browser. Every day I have a user complain about the speed of Epicor. If we didn’t have so much invested into Epicor, I doubt we’d still be on it at this point.

Yes, they were foolish to embed it in the smart client in my opinion, its so horrifically slow there. Do try it in the browser, its an order of magnitude faster. Might want to disable kinetic in the smart client.

2 Likes

Would love to disable Kinetic but seems some menus/windows I’m unable. Have a ticket with support to try and resolve. Even so, it’s still slow to pull almost anything up, regardless of Kinetic.

We are very new to Epicor (Public Cloud) and I too receive complaints about performance. I am excited about Kinetic in browser (which is how I hope to run it long term) because I find it much more responsive. The smart client only makes poor performance worse by hanging and not giving any feedback about what is going on. At least Kinetic in browser behaves more like a typical web app, allowing users to perform other tasks while something is happening.

1 Like

Cracks me up how much does not work on the browser… anyone had to unlock a user account in Kinetic Web?

how do these faults make it out to public release?

Hi, Michael.
From the overflow menu you mean?

It looks like it works fine in 2022.2.1?