Custom Grid Won't Maintain Size

I created a custom UltraGrid to pull in some linked order information, however, when I set the size to 300 x 180, it won’t stay put! It keeps reverting back to 1135 x 477. I opened the Custom XML Editor and it shows the 300 x 180, but it won’t save.
I have cleared the cache, but that didn’t help. I have even deleted the control and recreated it, but it always jumps back to 1135 x 477.
What gives?

Maybe Remove Custom personalization and Reset layout to base are worth a try.

No such luck.

The UltraGrid is anchored on all (4) sides so it will resize with the form.

1 Like

Is it running into any other controls on the form? I’ve seen weird things happen if it “clips” another control. Just a thought…

1 Like

@bmgarver it’s not that it’s resizing with the form, in fact, it’s not doing that when I resize the form. It stays at a static 1135x477 no matter what I want to change it to. I want the initial to be 300x180 and I anchored it because I want it to resize when the user resizes their form.

1 Like

@Aaron_Moreng I moved it completely out of the way of everything that may have been clipping and it still jumped back in size up to 1135x477.

Remove the anchors altogether, and it will at least be usable, it won’t resize though. It’s a problem I’ve had as well. If you anchor it with code on form load, it works better than using the properties. There is some code floating around here that was shown to me in order to do that. I’ll see if I can find the post and link it.

1 Like

I used this code in the MES screen to help with anchoring. Still is a little buggy but works well enough. Some day when I get motivated enough I’ll learn how to adjust to read the actual screen size so it works right all of the time.

Thanks, between removing the anchor properties and adding code to do it upon load it seemed to work as intended.

Hannah:

Did you manage to get the grid to resize when the user resizes the form.

I’ve added a BAQ Data View to the Job Entry form that is anchored top & left - it has an initial size.

When I resize the form or trigger full screen on the form I want the grid to resize accordingly.

I’m on Kinetic 2022.2 - using classic screens.