Customization toolbox > tools' variables and methods

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has discovered a list of object variables/methods for different toolbox items available in the Epicor customization?
For example, EpiTextBox has variables like Value and Text. However, I am trying to use these on an Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiCurrencyConver and it doesn’t work.
Here is some context:

this.epiUnitPriceBox = (EpiCurrencyConver)csm.GetNativeControlReference("ab42f185-a704-4680-b8c6-7ce33892a032");
MessageBox.Show(this.epiUnitPriceBox.Text); // shows empty string, even if the box is populated with a number.
MessageBox.Show(this.epiUnitPriceBox.Value); // throws an exception as 'Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiCurrencyConver' does not contain a definition for 'Value' 

I usually try to find a similar item in Visual Studio’s Windows Forms Toolbox, but for this specific object I wasn’t able to find anything.

Does anyone have any tricks or resources that might help for this?

I appreciate your help!

In Customization, got to Tools > Object Explorer. Choose Controls from the bottom of the list to view all the properties and methods for each control type.

1 Like

Woah… it was hidden there all along. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

So… while this will be helpful for 99% of the time, apparently EpiCurrencyConver is not a control?
It seems that EpiCurrencyEditor and EpiCurrencyConver are not the same thing

This might help. Looks like a deep rabbit hole to me…
EpiCurrencyConver - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Updating EpiCurrencyConver field - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

1 Like

Updating EpiCurrencyConver field - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Thank you!
I tried this one earlier, but apparently the EpiCurrencyConver doesn’t have a .Value field… This will require some investigation…

Here is the solution to getting the value from an EpiCurrencyConver.
Credit to @hmwillett in this post.

using System.Reflection;

EpiCurrencyConver currencyConver = (EpiCurrencyConver)csm.GetNativeControlReference("ab42f185-a704-4680-b8c6-7ce33892a032");

private string getCurrencyConverValue()
	{
		EpiCurrencyEditor reflect= (EpiCurrencyEditor)this.currencyConver.GetType().GetField("currencyConver",BindingFlags.GetField | BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic).GetValue(this.currencyConver);
		return reflect.Value.ToString();
	}