Customization wizard / event wizard Custom Control list blank

I am trying to use the Event wizard for a customization on DMR processing. See below screenshot. Why aren’t I getting the checkboxes that are in the program avaialble for selection under Custom Control? Has anyone seen this/figured out a trick to it? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Nancy

1 Like

I just saw that yesterday. I saved the Customization, closed the form and then re-opened it, and all was well.

FWIW - No custom controls showed when selecting either the control type or even “All”

@ckrusen I’ve had to do the same as well. Sometimes after adding a custom control, it won’t show up until I’ve saved, closed, and reopened the customization.

@Nancy_Hoyt it looks like that’s a standard control that was already on the form. The Event wizard will only show custom controls that you’ve added. In order to access an existing control, you will need to use

csm.GetNativeControlReference([control GUID from Properties tab]);

to get a reference to the control. From there you can manually add event listeners to the control. I believe the customization guide has an example of that.

2 Likes

I’ve used the Event Wizard to add event handlers to native controls, by creating the event for a custom control, then tweaking code so the auto generated code is for the native control.

Details are here:

2 Likes

Hi Tyler,

I didn’t realize that the Event wizard only shows custom controls.

Thanks for your GUIDance :slight_smile:
Nancy

1 Like

Thanks Calvin for the details. I hadn’t realized this limitation on the event wizard. I’ll check out the link.

Nancy