Cycle Count - issue with part selection

Hello all,

We are attempting to establish cycle counts for the first time in Epicor. I am having an issue with part selection and “ABC” codes. I have calculated my ABC codes. Tier A is roughly 30% of our inventory, of which is 16 parts in one warehouse with a 30 day cycle. I also defined the period for one month (as a test cycle) to count these top 16 parts over one month. When I perform part selection in the cycle count schedule maintenance only 3 parts are selected. I am unsure of why this would be the case since my Tier A cycle is defined as 30 days and so is the period. I couldn’t find any details on the parts that were selected that would differentiate them from the parts that were not selected in the “A” group.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tips for starting up Cycle Counts - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Thanks Rick. I have followed the steps in this thread including initializing last cycle count date but unfortunately still run into the same issue when applying part selection.

@Rick_Bird I was able to do a little more digging and ironically when running a cycle count for warehouse B, part selection pulls all of the 16 parts from Warehouse A. This is very strange since all of the parts at the part level and stock report show that they are in Warehouse A. Is there something on the warehouse level that I am missing?

When you ran the part selection did you choose to include or exclude zero on hand parts?
If a part is assigned to multiple warehouses, it will try to include any of the parts in those warehouses during part selection unless you exclude zero on hand.
Also, ABC Code configuration can be done at the Site, Warehouse with overrides on Part Site & Part Warehouse. I usually recommend only setting Cycle Counting options at the Site level just to keep things simple and then add exceptions as needed.
So I would first check all your warehouse Cycle Count configurations to make sure there isn’t anything setup. One of the options that can cause differences in the amount of parts selected is the Count Cycle Method. I recommend starting with Random.
Also keep in mind what your count frequencies are in relation to when you need to count.
Perhaps you can can post a screenshot of your ABC Code setups and make sure you are not overriding the ABC Code at Site, Warehouse, etc.

We just went live recently, and even more recently implemented cycle counting. Is there a way to make sure that when a parts are selected for a specific day in one warehouse, that the same part gets selected for the other? (besides manually)

This was something our old system had, (i believe with some customization), and our warehouse leaders would prefer this method to catch variance issues caused by movements between warehouses (IE 50 pieces missing in Warehouse A, but 50 Extra pieces in Warehouse B)

You have the ability to add add parts to a count through the Cycle Count Part/PCID Selection Update screen.

I used to sync these up manually by pasting into the screen.
Maybe you can automate from there.

I figured this was an option. We were just hopping this was caused by a configuration setting in our cycle counts, and not standard functionality.