Dashboard doesn't display column in test mode or when deployed

I’ve run into a weird issue. I built a simple BAQ against the PkgControlHeader table that includes User Defined Fields. When building a dashboard around it, the one column that winds up missing does display in the Dashboard builder and populates. However, in Test Mode and when deployed this column does not display. The column is a User Defined Field, but the other User Defined Fields display with no issue. It is simply this one that is causing grief.

I have tried renaming the caption, moving it around the grid, and even removing all other columns except that one from the Dashboard, but no luck.

Anyone else run into this? Seems to be a bug in the Dashboard engine, but why is a mystery to me.

I’ve run into deployed dashboards not showing the latest, and found some “duplicate” DLL’s created. The newest ones had a suffix like _0 or _1 added to them. But since the program is looking for Ice.UI.App.MyDashboardID.dll and not Ice.UI.App.MyDashboardID_0.dll it’s loading the "deployed prior version.

To test if this is your case, change the title of a pane or grid, and then see if the new title shows when you use the Test Mode in the Deploy window.

edit

For example:

The dashboard indicated by the green highlighted files, both the dll and xml files are the newest (and same date and time)

Where as the dashboard indicated by the yellow highlighted files, the dll with the _0` suffix is the newest. And it matches the timestamp of the xml file. But the older ProdLabel_PRD dll (timestamp of 8:55 AM) is the one being used.

I believe I have found the problem. Under UD Column Maintenance for that particular column, someone had checked “Hidden By Default”. Simply unchecking this did not resolve the problem however. Even though UD Column Maintenance didn’t indicate I had to, I wound up having to rebuild the data model in order for the change in that option to take effect.

Once I did that, I was then able to see the column in the deployed dashboard. Hidden By Default must only work with Dashboards, but in any case, it can cause one to bang their head trying to figure out why a column doesn’t display when it displays everywhere else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if making a calculated column in the BAQ that displayed that field value would also work?

I’ve used that to get around the field security popup when running BAQs.