Dashboard Report View - "Refresh All" Not Working

I’ve tried going through the process of adding a “Report View” in a dashboard several times and I can’t seem to get the “Refresh All” button to work correctly in the deployed/assembly version of the dashboard. It will refresh the dashboard grid, but the report view stays empty or doesn’t update to the current values unless I click the “Generate” button. It seems to work fine in the “Dashboard Runtime” version as long as I’m accessing the dashboard from the “Dashboard” menu. But, if I place it on the Epicor menu as a “Dashboard-Runtime”, the “Refresh All” button doesn’t display as it only will under the deployed/assembly version. I’m not sure if anyone else has ran into this problem before or knows if this might be a possible error on Epicor’s part for the version we’re on (9.05), but any help would be appreciated!

For some background information, what we’re trying to do is have a shop information report on display that will refresh with current information every half hour or so.

It’s a bug in our version 9.05.701A, not sure about others. Refresh all in runtime dashboards doesn’t work unless you’re in developer mode. As a workaround, I set the query properties to “Auto Refresh on Load” to true in dashboards where refresh all is needed.

2 Likes

I was thinking that would be the situation unfortunately. In that case then, we might just set the Refresh Interval to go off every half hour or so to refresh the query grid and have someone manually refresh the report view (using the “Generate” button) every so often as well.

Edit: As a quick update, we ended up adding the BAQ Query to a “Business Activity Query Export Process” to run every so often. From there, we created an excel sheet that utilizes the created csv file and updates the datasource every so often as well. We had to implement some background vba code, but it has the same effect as we were looking for from the “Dashboard Report View”.