Delete all orders

Does anyone know how I can delete all invoices, shipments, receipts, purchase orders, sales orders, jobs, etc. purge It’s not going to do everything for me. without affecting the master data?

You can’t delete if any inventory transactions have occurred like shipments/receipts. If its just sales orders and no transactions you may be able to do it with DMT.

"If I run the purge, should the transactions be deleted? Am I correct?

I guess that is true - there is an option to purge part tran in database purge and summarize.

"If I run the purge, should the transactions be deleted? Am I correct?

I have already run the purge, but nothing has happened; all transactions remain as they are

What settings did you run it with? I’ve only ever purged ancient data (7+ years).

I am trying to run the purge to delete all of the transactions and start using the master data from scratch again

Database purge and summarize has options to purge parttran and labor detail but you would still have to delete all invoices, shipments, receipts, purchase orders, sales orders, jobs, etc. It’s not going to do everything for you. I don’t know if its possible.

what shall i do in this case?

Hopefully you have a backup of your database from before any transactions were entered that you can restore. If not you probably need to just start over.

1 Like

This is not possible, what is the end goal (and why)
You can’t delete posted invoices etc (for good reason) if you are trying to start from scratch just use a new Db.

I would like to start from scratch with the master data only, so I’m trying to delete all transactions

Your best path is to create DMT files with the static data, blow away the database, and reload the static data. Before you reload however, I would take a backup in case you need to do it again.

1 Like

what about the customization?

Those can be exported then reimported.

You may want to rebuild a new database in another instance making backups as you go along so you can test and restore. If you ever add a more sites or companies, it’s the only way to go.

BTW, there’s this crazy guy who thinks that all customizations should be versioned and stored outside the database and deployed as needed to various environments.

:eyes:

what about the user-defined fields?

The Epicor recommended method is to use the Solution Workbench.

It can be used for many customizations.