Deleting Time

Trying to delete a job and there is small amount of time that was posted in Time Entry but has been posted is there anyway to get rid of this labor so that we can delete job?

If it hasn’t been posted to financials you can go to time and expense entry, recall it, and delete it.

Unfortunately is has been posted and you can’t do negative time.

You’ll have to just close the job out then and keep moving the process forward then.

We have done negative hours many times. Even after running the capture.

Trick, I guess, is that you have to

• Pick an op that had time charged against it (i.e you cannot pick an op with no time charged) and pick the same employee as well
  • You can’t do a negative for more than the balance, i.e. if 3 hours charged for Fred, you can’t do -4 hours for Fred.
3 Likes

We had to match EVERYTHING in the record exactly: employee, job, oper, expense code, etc. and that worked most of the time.

1 Like

I did NOT figure this out by the way. A user did. He was using an app I made and wanted to delete and just tried the negative and it worked.

I was amazed and totally schooled by someone who “is not good with computers.”

By the way, the people who I have met that understand and analyze data the best are the people who grew up without computers. They know how to think without one.

1 Like

I personally like the younger kids. They grew up with iPhones and tablets instead of…ehem…MS-DOS. So they expect things to just work and are fairly attuned to when something doesn’t flow like it should even if they can’t always articulate why.

When I try to do negative -.10 I get the popup Business Logic Error that Total Labor Hours cannot be negative. Is there possibly a setting in our company configuration that does not allow negative?

HI Michael

What menu are you using to entry the negative amount?

You would want to use Job Adjustment if you can’t directly recall and change a labor record any longer.

1 Like

Be aware though that doing a negative job adjustment will only remove the costs from the job if they don’t belong there, but you still won’t be able to delete the job. Once those labor transactions were posted you were put in a go forward position there’s no going back.

1 Like

Time & Expense Entry