Docstar copy from PartRev to PO?

We’ve been attaching drawings to PartRev using DocStar and our engineer was under the assumption they would show up in PO entry screen when Purchasing places an order. Apparently, this is not the case. Purchasing is having to go into Part Entry, grab the drawing from there, save it and then attach to the PO.

However, I see that if the drawing is saved outside of Docstar (native Epicor attachment), then it will automatically transfers to the PO.

Is it possible for DocStar docs attached to PartRev to be transferred to the PO?

image001
image002
image003
image004

Are you sure you don’t have a customization that is doing this?

We have no Customizations on PO Entry and we have no Data Directives or Method Directives on PO, POHead, PODetail, etc. If it is a customization then it is well hidden.

Why do you ask that question, does yours NOT function that way?

I would probably enter a ticket for this with support as this seems to me to be a lapse in functionality that they need to know about - if it’s a bug it’ll get fixed. If it’s not a bug, a lot of folks here need to understand that this is the intended behavior. We’ve not gotten to this point, but are moving towards it and this will be an issue.

Also - as a workaround - a quick BPM based on @gpayne’s comment on this thread Attaching Back to Kinetic may be your interim answer.

2 Likes

It’s funny how these things align sometimes.

2 Likes

The other angle you could take is if you have APR, you could attach the document that way on the email.

1 Like

@klincecum If we are looping back on this then the credit for base of my routine is here.

2 Likes