Don't Close Jobs Before Invoicing MTO

Hey get your own topic Krusen!

1 Like

FWIW - My experiences with E10 are probably not the norm, as we rarely did things as the software intended. So many of my observations my be specific to our poor implementation.

Jenn,

We are new to Epicor (8/1) and I am looking at setting up the auto job completion/close process. Nearly all of our jobs are MTO and we have already learned the hard way that we should not close jobs prior to shipment. When establishing the job complete/close parameters, do I need to tell Epicor not to close jobs that are not shipped, or is that built in already?

Hi Connor,
I have never had the auto close process close a MTO job that hasn’t shipped yet. We’ve been running it on several different version of Vantage/Epicor - and soon to be Kinetic.

I do put the auto complete and auto close processes into separate log files. The first week or so, I review the files to see what errors are coming up and it will tell you if it was able to close or not.

Depending on the size of your company and how often you run those processes, the log files can get rather large. You might want to run a periodic clean up routine on the directory - typically in the Companies>CompanyID>Log>UserName directory. We setup a generic user to run all our system batches like this, that way you have 1 user name to remember and don’t have to worry about inactivating someone’s account that runs a batch… I also like giving the link to the MRP jobs to engineering :wink: , easy to search on “Error Copying BOM” by bringing all the logs into NotePad++ and search all open documents.

Jenn