E9: Syntax For EpiCombo EpiFilterAppend

Hi All,

E9.05.702A

I don’t know why I struggle with this each time and keep forgetting the syntax but, I’ve added an EpiCombo to Quote Entry that I want to display the customer contacts for the customer on the quote.
I have it all setup and it works if I hard code a customer number in the EpiFilterAppend property (CustNum = 365) but what is the syntax to pull in the customer number on the quote (QuoteHed.CustNum)?
EpiFilterAppend = CustNum = ???

JOE ROJAS
Epicor Applications Manager
VENTION MEDICAL
A NORDSON COMPANY

261 Cedar Hill Street | Marlborough, MA 01752
DIRECT: 508.597.1392 x1625 | MOBILE: 774.826.9245
EMAIL: JoRojas@ventionmedical.commailto:JoRojas@ventionmedical.com | WEB: ventionmedical.com http://www.ventionmedical.com/

This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure, and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete this information from your computer.

Edited- This is a terrible example, see post 4 instead.

The filters defined in the EpiFilters section are ignored since they are not defined in the EpiFiltersParams.
The filters are defined in EpiFIltersApped are used instead, set directly to the dataviews column with ‘?[]’.

Hey Jim.

Thanks for this.

I see the screenshot but I’m confused by what’s going on.
For example in EpFilters, where is ShipToNumColumn coming from?
Also, how does it know which dataview to use?

JOE ROJAS
VENTION MEDICAL
A NORDSON COMPANY

I’m sorry, that was actually a terrible example…

• Left side would be the dataset column from EpiBOName “CustCnt”, so CustNum
  • Right side would be the column from your QuoteHed dataview, which is CustNum

There are two syntax types you can use. Here is the first:

• CustNum = ‘?[CustNum,0]’ (The “,0” is used to default if the CustNum is not found)

The second way is to define a parameter and assign it in the EpiFiltersParams section. This method has to do with reusable combos:

• CustNum = ‘?{MyParameter,0}’ (squiggly brackets)

In the EpiFiltersParams section you can then define the column to use:

• MyParameter = ‘?[CustNum]’

Similar to below:

1 Like

Thanks Jim.

Your screenshot really helped.
I followed the example of what you had in the EpiFilters and had no luck.
I was having a hard time with understanding how the EpiCombo knew what data view to use when all I was using was [CustNum,0].
In my testing, I was not binding the EpiCombo for a field but apparently this is how the EpiCombo knows what dataview to look at. Once I bound the EpiCombo to QuoteHed.Number01, it worked!

JOE ROJAS
VENTION MEDICAL
A NORDSON COMPANY