Eclipse

A couple shots from my yard in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.

3 Likes

I skipped work and enjoyed it from a friends house nearby. We had a good 3 minutes of totality and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! I am still buzzing from it. I tried to take pictures and video but they came out like crap. At least I have video record of me flipping my lid over the experience!

1 Like

There’s another Vermonter in this group?! Holy Frickin Heck. Hey brother! :wave:

Lyndonville is our town! Thats where Vermont Aerospace is! Wasn’t it so cool?! I can’t believe how much traffic there was all around this area. Unprecedented!

1 Like

Took the kids out of school and drove the whole clan down to Indianapolis for the totality. I’ve seen partial and annular eclipses before. I used to think they were neat. I didn’t realize until yesterday that they’re nothing like the real deal.

In a world where literally everything is over hyped and under delivered, this was beyond expectations. An entire city of a million people went silent and stopped 15 minutes before. And then the totality happens, and the glasses come off and it’s a surreal, otherworldly scene.

After too brief of a time, you can see the sky light up from horizon, slowly washing away the bizarre twilight. And 10 seconds later it was over. I’m still not sure how to chase that high.

4 Likes

^^^^
What @jtownsend said.

Hey Nate, yes I’m on the other side of Stannard Mountain from you in Hardwick. Yesterday was certainly an awesome day in our little state.

Incredible! I am over in East Haven!

@NateS - Lyndonville is great (& Burke / Kingdom Trails too!). In-laws used to live in Morgan, so we had a lot of NEK time. Twist my arm and I’ll come back soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make that 3 Vermonters!!! I’m in Waitsfield.
We only had about 90 seconds of totality but it was amazing from the top of Mt Ellen.

2 Likes

So Cool! We need an NEK Epi Users Group!

Dealing with another eclipse at my plant today.

Lightning strike. Blowing 200 amp fuses now on one leg.

I was at Mt Ellen too!! Not the top though, at the lodge and then my Aunt/Uncle’s condo nearby. We saw a bunch of people boarding this big red transport vehicle from the lodge… guessing you were on it!?

We drove up to Plattsburgh NY.

4 Likes

We skied/skinned to the top, no fancy cabin cat for us!

5 Likes

We planned a family trip to Dallas TX area (from Wisconsin) months in advance, so even with the bad weather forecasts coming in toward the end, we basically were committed. Fortunately, the clouds cleared up about 30 minutes before totality, at least enough that we could see the whole thing

You can see Venus or whatever planet that was in the right half there too. Like everyone says, phone cameras are not the best at capturing how cool it really looks, but the ones with the horizon bands turned out pretty good:

2 Likes