Epicor 7224 error

Just will chime in with some thoughts.

Somewhere you lost information or didn’t process the information fast enough.

How fast is your network?  What type drives do you have?  Are you scanning (virus) the temp files?  How is your disk activity on the server?

Is it a network issue or EPICOR issue?  Can you ping other servers without delay?  are the group of users all in one switch? are they all the same type of users? (MES or Full)

We run some thin clients on wireless here now, but they only run MES and I don’t get that issue. Some of us with laptops can run wireless with no issue as well.   (Locally)

Our remote sites are connected through terminal services since if you do try to connect directly through the client application it will drop. 

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jose Gomez
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 7:48 AM
To: Vantage
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Epicor 7224 error

Network compression does what the name says it compresses the data that is sent through the network.

Epicor uses .NET Business objects to push data around those are usually passed around as giant XML documents and with compression it takes the XML compresses it down to binary (or similar) blob and sends it to the server where it get decompressed and processed. It shouldn't help with network issues but it will help with speed across the WAN.

If you get this error from jumping WAPs then you need to make sure that your WAPs don't have any gap between them (that is that there is overlap of coverage so that you don't go to a dead zone) and also make sure they are set to be extenders and not unique SSIDS

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM, <jgiese@...> wrote:

It should jump from one to the next without causing an issue? Are they the same SSID and all that, or are they meant to be separate networks? I don't know that network compression would help you in this case.  If everything is designed to be one SSID across the board what APs are you using.  We found that the Cisco's Epicor recommended caused us some issue with that. Since replacing them we've not had any trouble with hopping disconnects.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

I just found out that in 904 Network Compression was done only on the Config file.

We upgraded to 9.05.702A and you could set the Network Compression on the config file and the User level.

The cavet is, the user level overwrites the config file. Therefore, you have to set the Network Compression on the User level in 905.

Thanks for all your input on this issue.

Cyril

Jose,
I did not know that.  Always changed it on the client config.

Cheers
Simon Hall

I updated the User in User Security.

What needs to be changed in the Client Config file?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon Hall
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 7:52 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor 7224 error

Jose,

I did not know that.  Always changed it on the client config.

Cheers

Simon Hall