Epicor Inventory Issues

Hello, we’re having an issue with inventory and I was wondering if anyone has run into this and found a solution that makes sense.

We have a hi temp fab shop and our material inventories are technically correct, but unusable for certain projects… For certain parts our system will show that we have 3 sheets in stock, but they are just a bunch of sizes that equal a total of 3 sheets. We have considered lot tracking and using the PO number, but we might get 15 sheets in 1 PO. Is there any way within epicor or anyway to link something externally to help us track the actual sizes we have? We usually cost entire sheets to jobs, but when we have a half sheet left it doesn’t always make sense to scrap it. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue and found a solution that makes sense.

We track the remainder in a note inside Lot Tracker. This isn’t a great solution, but at least it is something.

I would look into Advanced UOM. It might be a solution to your problem. Not sure if you are licensed for it.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a common problem with raw materials in sheet, bar, rolls, etc…
As far as I know, a clean solution does not exist in standard modules but…
I do remember a related discussion topic with some interesting ideas put forth by Jose and others.

we use sheets in Epicor set up as a part class :

so the stock is always held in “area”
but I understand what you mean I could end up with 5 M2 but the sheets cutup are all less size for your job but surly with lot control each lot purchased as 1 sheet if broken down to less than 1 it would give you
an approximation of size (not an expert just a user)