EpiUsers Panel Insights 2024 Call for Speakers

Not everyone else.

1 Like

@klincecum Could you create a function library that will integrate all customisations into github repo? :slight_smile:

We have a running project that when editing a BPM where code is used when it doesn’t have to be to change it to widgets. This helps for upgrading so we’re not having to rewrite/tweak code. Mail widget comes to mind instead of using code to generate the email. I don’t mind using code but we’re cloud so anything that can help make our cadence upgrades smoother is a good thing.

1 Like

I’ve had more widgets break than code though… Just sayin.

3 Likes

Oh man, I’m really not trying to start a :dumpster_fire:. Just making a joke. I think we’ve beat the widget vs. code thing to death.

I will say this about things breaking, and this is irrespective of code vs. widgets: doing integrations through an Epicor Function has got to be better than asking your partner to do the REST calls directly to the business objects.

I say this because the upgrade tool goes through the Functions and flags them if they break - so you can fix (or prepare for) that before upgrading. (I know from recent experience.)

But if your partner uses the 2021 version of JobEntry.GetRows and the 2022 version now has an additional parameter, boom - the integration is broken.

This happened to me internally, so it was fine because I had a new version of the EFx ready to go. But if it ever happens with our eCommerce site (which just pings the BOs), I have to hope that they are thorough in their pre-upgrade testing. I fear that day that something does break…

3 Likes

I’m confused on the benefits, you get 50% off registration for a single presentation but you only get 20% off for presenting 2+ panels?

Benefits of replying to this special request for speakers:
50% off regular registration fee for accepted single presenters
20% off regular registration fee for accepted presenters of 2+ panels (10% off one panel)
Receive a special EUG Gift!
Enhance your professional speaking skills
Show off what you have done to help your company succeed!

Yes that is the case I guess the thought process is “less work” to be in a panel. You’ll have to prepare for less time.

1 Like

No, for being part of a panel with other people. Not for being part of 2 separate presentations.

3 Likes

Just booked my flights… Happy to do one again.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in talking about Production Activity/integration

4 Likes

that’d be cool

Anyone interested in integrating key fob readers for access control into Epicor?
(Doors, not Epicor access, however the other does get my wheels turning :rofl: )

Or y’all could suggest something.

2 Likes

I have auth through key fobs in a custom app which talk to epicor.

3 Likes

I have it… Flash your lights at home with Home assistant REST when an automation fails in Epicor…

1 Like

I’m going off the grid, catch you all later.

Max Greenfield Comedy GIF by CBS

We would definitely sit in on that. We are on 2023.1, and hopefully have 2023.2 in Pilot by the time Insights comes around. We have a lot of customizations so it will be useful to know what snags you have hit along the way and what percussions you took as you made the switch.

I could talk about a simple “New Company Setup” console app I created. This uses the REST apis to setup a new company from start to finish in about 5 minutes.

This year, we’ve had to create 2 new companies. This app saved us lots of time testing new company configurations and made go-lives a breeze.

It’s kind of like DMT playlists, except it actually does everything. Static tables, schedule processes, etc.

3 Likes

Got my rough draft slides in. :tada:

13y5oi

2 Likes

That meme was made based off of my college GPA. :shushing_face:

1 Like