ERP 11 Has been Officially Announced!

@MikeGross I’m glad they are considering the implications of that transition. I’m surprised nothing firms been put out yet, especially if the on prem is coming out June 10th.

I have no doubts a translation layer would work fine with a simple configurator. Some of ours have 300+ inputs per page though, I wonder how well it would handle that.

2 Likes

Well ours ain’t that bad, but we’re getting close to 100, so still the same boat I suspect. We’ll just have to wait an see if they publish anything with the June release.

1 Like

Wow!

I just don’t tell people about the option. They assume the new version is the only option. Ignorance is bliss. For me.

Thats what we did.
:smiling_imp:

I’ve been told no documentation until GA which I find a little confusing. It would be nice to be able to have some notice about what functionality is to be included prior to the software being available

There is apparently a translator program to uplift configuration to the new version, but it was described as not a live translation layer - rather something that would update the configurator for E11 and require rework once updated. I have my doubts that a translator program could be effective when translating configurators with complexity (specifically how it handling toggling visibility of inputs). Additionally I was told the 2D Viewer will not be available which is problematic as it is the center point of a couple of our configurators.

1 Like

yep - sounds like what I got too. I didn’t get into the details on the toggling/2D viewer stuff, but a ‘translator that will need some work’ is the gist of what I got too.

If Epicor ERP 10 acronym was E10,
And E11 really is Kinetic…

Is Epicor ERP Kinetic - EEK ?

1 Like

There is no Epicor ERP Kinetic.

The new software is called Kinetic 2021 or just Kinetic no Epicor and no ERP

1 Like

So we have K21 to go along with P21? :thinking:

6 Likes

Can I Get An “OH YEAH!?” :laughing: (Too far???) :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

As good as the other never-was-but-close… Epicor Wireless Warehouse …EWW

1 Like

So long as its not Y2K

Citrix and RDS solve all this as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t tell me you used their ABL to C# Converter… that was the worst code in history of C#. :slight_smile: So I can only imagine how good the conversion for a Customization or Cfg may be, I think rewriting it may be a better option.

1 Like

Like good customers, we tried. It did pretty well with the CFG code but hacked all the custom code in the UI/BPM customizations - so in the end we ended up using it like a tutor - teaching my guy C# since all he knew was ABL (and RPG).

2 Likes

I think this is the way it was used by most everyone without much C# or object oriented programming experience.

1 Like

So it begins. image

1 Like

Did you see your client upgrade? Are you running the correct Short-Cut?

I didn’t see an client upgrade so I’m tried using the current shortcut. This is our PILOT instance, on a SaaS environment. We were advised that cloud users are getting their PILOT services updated today.

Give 'em a minute. The pilot is often broken for the first few hours.

2 Likes