Finding Minimum order quantity in the database

I am interested in where the Minimum Order Quantity is stored in the Part table. It looks like it could be the LotShelfLife field. Is this true? If not, do you guys know where?

You will find that in the partplant table
PartPlant.MinOrderQty

1 Like

You should get this CHM to use as your side-kick

1 Like

Fantastic!!! Thank you for your help.

I looked at PartPlant.MinOrderQty and all of the values are zero. Could there be anything else that plays into this?

What problem are you having? You asked where Min was and that was answered. Are you getting suggestions to order/make material?

Are your quantities negative?

I want to know whether new orders that are being entered meet the minimum order quantity requirement. If it doesn’t, I want to alert the user that the price discounts will not apply unless they eclipse the MOQ. I pulled up an existing order on the Part Maintenance screen and noticed that the value in the Minimum Order Quantity text box is 20. I then looked at PartPlant.MinOrderQty for the same part and the value says 0.000. I just need to know where to consistently retrieve the correct info so I can put in my small customization message box telling the user whats what.

Gotcha. Well, Minimum Order Quantity in PartPlant has a different meaning. That field means, “When I resupply a part, what’s the smallest amount to request?”

You’re talking about Order Entry. You could try to use Price List Maintenance or add a UD field to Part for this purpose.

1 Like

OK. Thanks Mark. Missed seeing ya at Insights.

1 Like

Can you show us a screenshot :slight_smile: is it a custom field… you could to Help → Field Help to see what its bound to.

Ohhh… if you mean Sales Order entry, yeah part plant will not apply.

If you mean purchase orders then…
I remember seeing a hierarchy sheet once for suppliers, prices, etc… but I can’t find it right now, maybe was in the MRP Tech Ref Guide?

In the meantime I wonder if you are set up to use any Supplier Price List(s)?
e.g. Minimum Qty → VendPBrk.BreakQty

From E10 Help for Part → Plant → Minimum Order Quantity

• This value defines the smallest quantity that must be placed on each PO suggestion. When a PO suggestion generates, it uses this value or higher for its quantity. If you use the Consume Minimum Quantity calculation, you can define two Minimum Order Quantity values on part-site records. You can define the Minimum Order Quantity (Min Order Qty) value in the Purchasing section for typical purchases, while the value you define in the Urgent Planning section is used for more immediate
    purchases

I am talking about Sales Order Entry. Still looking. If I find out I will write it on here. The number on the part Maintenance screen for Minimum Order Quantity has to come from somewhere. The only thing I can find that it might come from is LotShelfLife in Part but that doesn’t make sense to me.

@Joel_Bailie I don’t think sales order is looking at part maintenence. The discount breaks would come from a price list PriceList.ListCode and the quantity breaks are in PLPartBrk or PLGrupBrk depending if the breaks are by Part or Product Group

1 Like