Finite Scheduling and resources

Hello. We are using 10.1.500

I have a resource group with 2 resources, both with Finite Capacity checked and Finite Horizon at 270.

I schedule a job and it goes to the first resource. I schedule a second job and goes to the same resource.
And so on. We don’t have Advanced Scheduling or any other “extra” modules, except Advanced Material Management.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

What is the scheduling resource on the operation? If the resource was added as the scheduling resource instead of the resource group, that might be the issue.

I have resource group on the operation, not the resource. When I open a new job it goes to the first resource always.

Yes, it will always default to the first resource unless that resource has no availability. Is Epicor overscheduling that resource? That is, if there are 8 hours available is it scheduling more than 8? Finite scheduling is very particular when setting it up. It may be there is an issue somewhere.

Thanks for your reply.

Calendar have 8 hours and shift too. Jobs are for more than 10 days, so the resource is full. I assume that, when scheduling a new job, for a part number that runs on the same resource group it should go to resource #2. I must be missing something but I can’t figure it out.

This post is really helpful.

Thanks again, John.

I ran the Global Scheduling and nothing happened. I might contact Epicor support tomorrow.