Force Classic Mode to all clients

That's good to know, Thanks Todd!

I was wondering if anyone has been able to change the 

<LaunchType="MainMenu" options="Shell|MainMenu" /> 

setting within the config file and deploy it to all clients without having to go machine to machine.  I have been using Epicor's solution for deploying .DLL files for awhile now and that works great I just can't seem to get the config file to replace.

Thank you,

Joe Gollakner

Not from within the .sysconfig file and it still means touching all the clients once but we set that on the shortcut properties for their desktop icon.

C:\Epicor\ERP10.0Client\Client\Epicor.exe /config=EpicorTest10.sysconfig -skip /classic

Once it is done it will stay that way for them so we do it when the user is first set up.  The opposite of /classic is /shell.  Both prevent the user from having an option to checkbox a preference for the session.

BTW - -skip prevents a client update, useful when switching between databases a lot.  –update forces an update of the client.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 3:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Force Classic Mode to all clients

I was wondering if anyone has been able to change the 

<LaunchType="MainMenu" options="Shell|MainMenu" /> 

setting within the config file and deploy it to all clients without having to go machine to machine.  I have been using Epicor's solution for deploying .DLL files for awhile now and that works great I just can't seem to get the config file to replace.

Thank you,

Joe Gollakner