Forecasting Kits?

All

Any help is greatly appreciated…

After multiple tests, I found that if I put a forcast on a sales kit, the demand for the materials does not work. I have no purchase suggestions or job suggestions for the materials.

Anyone has an idea how to create demand on a sales kit forecast?

This seems so simple yet the mighty EPICOR makes this difficult.

Hello Charles,

What version of Epicor/Kinetic are you on?

Are you aware of Planning Bills?

The Process MRP box on your site will uncheck when you change to a sales kit. you need to DMT in that value at TRUE and it will force it to be checked then work!

What if you have a variable Sales Kit with optional or selectable items?

All

We have the latest 2023 version of Kinetic as we are new customers.

We have Kits that have a locked in BOM and then a -CFG Kit SKU that we can configure.

We only forecast the Kits with a locked in BOM.

So ibelive in EPICOR we don’t tick the ‘Allow Component Update’ flag on the sales kit drop dowm (see screen shot) for the locked in BOMs that don’t change and we do for the ones that are configuarable / changable.

We are having troupble with Jobs Auto firming when we turn on the Process MRP. So that is where we are with solutions currently.

We did find you don’t need to always use the DMT to turn on the ‘Process MRP’ its hidden in the personalise section also of the site detail. (see pictures below)

The problem is not solved yet.

The main reason for all of this Kit fun is so we can sell multiple kit configurations but stock all the Kit components seperatley and then just grab whats needed useing the fulfiment work bench at the time of shipping and hence don’t stock the kits on the sheves giving us lots of options dependoing on changfing demand.

1 Like