Handheld

Hi Experts,

Can anyone advise on the correct process and files to set up the handheld on android using an RDP client. We have a windows remoteapp .rdp file but seem to still get the entire Remote desktop on the screen. We only want the handheld screen on the device.

Thanks Steve

Hello @SKB843 ,
If you are referring to the Handheld screens built into Epicor 10 then using RDP, you setup an RDP server with the Epicor client installed on it then alter the config file to open the Handheld menu. I believe there is information in the help for this.

What RDP app are you using?

2 Likes

Hi Simon,

Thanks. We have an RDP server and can use that, and have Epicor installed. We had it configured to use a .rdp file via a remoteapp being published to launch \\epicor.exe - HH. It launches the handheld screen, but it does not do a HH screen only. We would just like to launch the HH screen in a full screen on the handheld. We are not aware of the config values for the HH. Do you know where I can find them? Or any other help would be great…

Thanks

Steve

Hello Steve,
I think you will need to add in the MenuID runtime lookup Run Time ArgumentsList in the help,

It should be
C:\epicor\client\Epicor.exe /menuid=HHMN5005. The path is an example you may have the client installed somewhere else.

1 Like

Thanks Simon,

We are using Epicor.exe - HH. We will give your suggestion a try.

Thanks

Steve

1 Like

have you tried to simply reach the app by entering /hh at the end of the target, ie C:\Epicor\ERP10.2Client\Client\Epicor.exe /config=Yours.sysconfig /hh

Hi Paul,

Yes, this seems to work. However we don’t get a full screen of only the HH. We can enlarge and reduce the HH screen to expose the RDP desktop. I would have thought this is not how it is meant to run. You should see the HH screen exclusively on the device ( Android) is my expectation.

Thanks Steve

You can add the menu of I’m the sysconfig as well.

Hi Steve,

the handheld menu is designed to run on handheld devices so the screen is small. If your not using a handheld device you could create your own menu of options you want your users to use and access it that way etc??

cheers
Paul

1 Like

Thanks Paul,

Yes, I agree. But we expect to see it fill the screen and not have to resize it to use it; as per the pic.

1 Like

hmmm maybe put a support ticket in, might be a resolution issue??

Steve - Epicor has two types of handheld functionality. The one in your screenshot is the original one, runs on Windows CE handhelds like the CK31 connecting via RDP, and does require resizing the screen to show full screen. The other, new one, is Kinetic Mobile Warehouse (KMW), and runs on Android devices. Running the older handheld screens on Android I don’t believe is supported by Epicor, although obviously you can connect an Android device to an RDP server.

1 Like

Steve,
I believe what you are struggling with this an RDP configuration. What you want is for the RDP desktop to size to the resolution of your Android device. However, newer Android devices have a higher resolution than the Epicor Handheld screen, which I thought was like 320 X 480 or something, so when your RDP app sets up the session you want it to set the session display resolution to that.
In the old Windows Mobile RDP this was easily controlled by enabling the ‘Full Screen’ & ‘Fit remote desktop to screen’ options. But with Android RDP Apps, these options may not be available, may have different names or you might need to set the resolution you need for your RDP session.
Perhaps you can share the RDP App you are using?

While this is for old Windows Mobile, see step 8 in this blog post:

How To Configure Intermec CK3’s For Epicor – Aligned Solutions Consulting

2 Likes

Steve, agree with others it could just be a resolution issue. We are using classic handheld on Android devices and use the xtralogic android rdp client. It allows you to set a custom resolution and 240 x 320 (ooof!) is what we have set. That info came from this post E10 Handhelds

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Rick,

Thanks. We are using Microsoft RDP on Android. Screen is 480 x 800. We have a remoteapp file (.rdp;) but cant find a way to make it open the MS APP by default on the device.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks. We are not on Kinetic xx yet. We may have to look at the Biscit software unless we can navigate through this.

Thanks again.

Steve