Have access to the name associated with an ID in a grid

Hello,

Looking at the Transaction history tracker, I can see the user ID who performed the transaction. But I would want to see the actual name associated with the ID.

I thought It may have been hidden from the list of columns associated to the grid but I did not find it.

Would be nice to have the name/description associated to any ID part of a grid (anywhere in the app) (by default being hidden ) but we could make it show if needing it for our users…

To overcome this, I created a new Context menu associated to UserFile.DcdUserID column, associated to a BAQZone…where I retrieve the Name

Pierre

Grids that use Collections AND they don’t have the columns I want
have always been a pet peeve of mine but…
I don’t think Epicor will be able to easily solve this problem for us.

So… when I need a field added
I’ve gotten in the habit of customizing… based on an example provided by Jose in this thread.
Efficiently Adding Column to DataGrid

But they regularly do it. Order Entry has a grid on the Line - > List sheet. And one of the columns is Product Group. It displays the PrdGrp Name, not the PrdGrp ID.

A related pain, is that when you want to Paste Update or Paste Insert into a grid like the one I mentioned, your source data has to have the ProdGrp ID, not the Name that appears in the grid.

I did customize grids to add columns…for some unrelated data at first… But What I am talking about is to not limit the columns to only the ID, but add the description/name as well so users can relate more effeciently to the data, when such data .

Adding descriptions being hidden…is much less effort by Epicor, than for us having to customize the forms adding the missing columns… :wink:

My vote goes for Epicor to make that change …hopefully…

Pierre