How can admin unlink a BAQ for a remote user?

Hello, I am an Epicor user and I unfortunately linked a BAQ to my home page which is returning so many records that my system is essentially frozen for about an hour while the records populate. Once it is populated, I am unable to even right click on the link to delete it as the system just freezes.

Our admins are not Epicor experts by any stretch, so I thought I would ask here how they can remove the link to that BAQ for me without deleting my entire profile and starting over.

Thanks

Is there another person who can go into the BAQ editor and add a criteria like 1=0 on one of the tables to stop it returning any records long enough for you to remove it from your home page?

The problem is that I have no idea what the BAQ name is that I linked to…

In SQL, check Ice.ShellLayoutPersonal.
select UserID, ShellHomePage from ice.ShellLayoutPersonal where userid = ‘youruserID’
ShellHomePage has a lot of data so you can copy this to notepad and search for baqId and it will give you the baq you used.

Or create a BAQ on Ice.ShellLayoutPersonal with a criteria where UserID = youruserid constant
Display UserID and ShelHomePage.
Again, copy ShellHomePage to notepad and search for baqid.

I’m sorry but I just about fell out of my chair.

I swear, I’m laughing with you.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You should add your vote to this being banned out of the box. We all hate this “feature” of Epicor.

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KNTC-I-2397

I’m confused about this idea. At least in my version, if you don’t have BAQ designer rights, you can’t add a BAQ to your home page.

No kidding. Well that is, I guess, a step in the right direction?

I’m conflicted about that, but I think the pros slightly outweigh the cons.

Very interesting.

1 Like

I find it frustrating because I can’t give BAQs to users to plop on their home page which could be useful. It would be nice if there were more granular control on this but I haven’t thought about it enough to know what I would want that to be.