How to Require User Approval for Posting Invoice

Dear friends

how to set up the invoice posting need another user approval?

for example
we want to set up one user to enter the invoice and another user to review and post it.

With any of the Business Objects that have a Posting method (AP Entry, AR Entry, GL Entry, etc.) you can apply Service Security Maintenance so only certain people in a group can do posts.

Alternatively, you can create a Pre Process Method Directive to check to see who the user is and make sure it’s different than the person who created the group or entered any invoices. A little trickier but doable.

Logged Invoice Entry - Learn how to do it right

1 Like

Both AP and AR Invoice got Invoice hold flag. Create two security group i.e. one for invoice creation where put invoice on hold and one for posting. Add BPM on Pre-Processing Erp.APInvGrp.PrePostGroupInvoices BO/Metjhod so that only users, who are part of Invoice posting can post after taking invoice on hold flag

Forgot about that…

Using standard functionality you can do this in 2 ways:

1. mark the posting rule revision to go to Review Journal and one user can enter the invoice and even try to post but it will land in Review journal. There se second person can check it and approve it.

2. Process security is another way to do this.

Regards,
Mihai

No kidding. I will pass that on. It scares me the things that I still don’t know about after 4 years.

2 Likes

Use Logged AP Invoice Entry to record and post invoices to suspense accounts until they are approved and you are ready to pay them. You can still provide information to your accounting system about accounts payable (AP) invoices that remain on hold.

While waiting for management approval, Logged AP Invoice Entry allows you to post the invoice to a supplier account and post the net amount of the invoice to one or more logged invoice suspense accounts (Payables Suspense, Expense Suspense, or Tax Suspense). The invoice displays on the aging list but not on the invoices due for payment list.

You can use Logged Invoice Approve and Void Entry to approve a logged invoice or debit memo after it posts.

To enable settlement discount calculation for debit memos, select the Enable terms on debit memos check box in the Company Maintenance program (Modules - Finance - Accounts Payable). If a debit memo is linked to a purchase order, the application uses purchasing terms from this purchase order. Otherwise it uses supplier’s purchasing terms.

Once a logged invoice is approved, you can match it to an AP invoice which automatically debits the appropriate expense account(s) and credits the appropriate invoice logging suspense account(s). The invoice status then changes from a logged invoice to an authorized for payment invoice in AP.

You can run a Logged Invoice Suspense Balance Report to list outstanding logged invoice suspense balances as part of your month end procedures.

Thanks All,but i think BPM is good for this problem.

What we did in the past is when we detected a variance, I made a PrePost BPM that moved the group to a Logged Invoice and cleared the Invoice Group. (Automatically redirected it as needed to Logged, it was simple BO trace, nothing complex).

But if you are going to do a BPM do it on PrePostGroupInvoices as @Arul indicated.