How to set up bank statement import for US Bank

I’ve been tasked to get the bank statement import functionality working and I’m having difficulty in obtaining “how-to” information on the steps involved and in looking at the export file which I can grab from the USBank site it’s not how I would expect to see a .csv file (lol). It reminds me more of a EDI “style” of presentation. Wondering if there is knowledge out there on how to get this all set up (and especially if you also are banking with USBank).

There are some standard Electronic Interfaces, which may match your bank. I am trying to use the MT940 Electronic interface and although the format looks okay, I can import the statement but none of my values match. I even tried adding the supplier ID to the Cross Reference section on the Supplier, but still not values. I get the statement date, opening balance, closing balance but nothing else.

Sounds like we’re both on the same journey with importing bank statements. Hopefully somewhere out there we can find some expertise other than a paid Epicor consultant to help us out. I’m currently trying to connect with our bank’s IT group to see if potentially I can get some help from them regarding format, codes, etc. If I’m REALLY lucky they will have previously worked with an Epicor customer and have all the necessary info at-hand to pass along. Highly unlikely but ya gotta hope. :wink:

Hi @Sarah_Buckland, @MNlesta, @b.huang - Did you guys get the Bank Statement Processing working?

I’m going down the same path, but not for US Bank (another international bank, but a US branch). I’ve done the Epicor EDU course where they use the MT940 statement. I’m waiting to hear back from our bank on what’s available to us.

Also, KB0046749 ‘E10 - BSP - bank statement import is not auto-matching (SETUP)’ has some good info, written recently.

https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare/?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=a1542794dbdf678c6a0493b7f49619ef

Did you go through your paper bank statement, and set up vendor and customer cross references to match the name on the account statement?

I got it working but it’s kludged together to use the provided template. That was the quickest way to get it working but not the best long-term.

Les Nyberg
Epicor ERP analyst/consultant
LTNterprise LLC
651-303-4309 (cell)

Thanks, @MNlesta. I just spoke to someone in our bank’s treasury department, and their standard file is a BAI file that is pushed to us periodically (daily or monthly). Here’s an example I found on google, that includes the breakdown of type codes as well as an example file: https://www.tdcommercialbanking.com/document/PDF/bai.pdf

@josecgomez - You mentioned setting up a BAI file import in the ‘Innovations’ topic - We’re just looking to import the bank statement to speed up reconciling with automatic matching, not do cash receipt lockbox, etc. From what I gather, we need to set up bank statement transaction codes (to match BAI), create a BAI template, Bank Statement Parsing Parameters, and then import the statement into Bank Statement Processing? Or do you do it a different way?

Getting there slowly (although not as slow as our bank, who said it’ll take 4-6 weeks to get a BAI file set up on our account). That’s slower than uploading a database to EpiCare!