IDC Programming language documentation

HI, I’am wondering if any documentation are available for IDC to build Formula in a DFD configuration ?

1 Like

I JUST asked epicor support where to find all the documentation. I’ll forward you the link.

Thanks, that should be very useful.

This is as much as I got: Epicor Learning Center

Whether or not there is documentation on the DFD I don’t know. And if I am not mistaken the language used in DFD is ancora’s own proprietary language.

Nothing about IDC on Epicor Learning Center. I asked to have an access to Ancora portal. Are you familiar with IDC ?

There is nothing there about IDC?

Marc, that is the one portion that I intend to spend a ton more time on. To me it is THE most important aspect of the whole automation workflow. I have the goal to make it capture 80% of the data, accurately, on each of our invoices. I specifically opened the case with Epicor to find out more about IDC.

I’ve got two big ZIP files full of docs for ECM and IDC - only a few for IDC but I do have the Formula Syntax document from the old Ancora site. If you want it all, message me and we’ll figure out a way.

Email me and I’ll send you the syntax doc if that’s all you want - mgross@ashworth.com

1 Like

Thanks Mike, I sent email to you. I can share a Onedrive with you if you want to upload Zip files.
Regards

1 Like

While I think the generous offer from @MikeGross is a superior option, I have just attempted to upload a PDF which might help.

About 22 months ago, a DocStar consultant painfully copy-and-pasted ancora’s on-line documentation about IDC DFD functions, because it can be annoying to search that online documentation. So the result is the attached PDF, which might include some notes from me. It’s not a complete IDC training document. In fact, some of the function explanations were not complete or did not address my needs. Still, this might be handy.

IDC Functions 2021-05.pdf (265.9 KB)

1 Like

To quote the famous Faber University motto:

“Knowledge is Good”.

Thanks @JerseyEric

@JerseyEric That is some good pasting.

I think they are from here and there are some other things not in the PDF. https://ancorasoftware.com/ You will need to request a login, but mine was made in a day.

This thread is about some private label ? IDC products and their documentation.

EDIT: better if I added the link.

1 Like

Thanks @JerseyEric !!!

And @gpayne is right - get a request in and tell them you are an IDC customer via Epicor. They gave us accounts and you can get see what they have.

Thanks a lot guys ! Yes @MikeGross help me a lot ! Thanks @JerseyEric too for your PDF too

I appreciate your fast respond.

Marc

1 Like

@Marc Most formulas are sql statements against validation lists and you can add as many specialized views of your data as you want there, so you do not have make complex lookups when you can preset the data.

2 Likes