If I add a material on a job in a project, how does the description work (default language?)

My title might be wrong. In our Parts, we have the default english description but we also have a french description. When I add a material on a job of a project, it automatically add the english description even if my Epicor language is in french or if the customer default language is french. How does it work?

Under what circumstance would the description be in French when I enter a part number?

Thanks

For sure on customer/supplier facing documents when printed.

I thought also if it matched the language of the user in User Account Security Maintenance but not positive.

1 Like

When printing it definitely changes based on the language. But I see no way to change the default language used when adding material directly in Epicor. I tried to change my user account security maintenance language but after restarting Epicor, it still adds the english description

Where are the places that you’d like to see the French description? Job Material in Job Tracker? Job Traveler? Partout? :wink:

Don’t forget to vote:

In Job Entry, when you click on a material, it has the Part Num and the Part Description. I’m just wondering how all of this works. If it’s always the description that is in Part Tracker, it’s OK I’ll understand

I understand that we can change it manually by right clicking on ‘Part Description’, i can click on Foreign Description tab to get the description in another language as configured.

:thinking:

I wonder if you could create a Quick Search with both language descriptions and searchable from either language? Part left-joined to PartLang where the lang=‘FR’

We will create our project structure via API so thanks to you, I’ll look into the PartLangDesc table for the description. I might be able to get the client language and based on that I’ll put either the english or the french description.

1 Like

We did it in reverse… Our main description is in french, then the english version is the foreign language description… :wink:

Pierre

1 Like