Importing Credit Notes

Hi,

An Epicor consultant has told me I can mass import credit notes (we have 400 that need to go on) but he wont tell me how without a charge.

I am guessing this could be using DMT but i am unsure.

DMT is probably the magic he is referring to. This could be done with a carefully crafted uBAQ/BPM, but DMT is the way to go. If you have it, test it out in Pilot.
I see two “credit” templates in DMT. One is Misc Charge Credit, and the other is RMA Credit. I am not in finance, so I can’t advise what is the right template. I am sure someone else here knows the best template to use.
Good luck!

1 Like

@NateS with it being DMT, i would imagine AR Invoice Combined would be the one to use? mark the invoice as Credit Note using InvcHead.CreditMemeo = true

I have tried using DMT but for some reason i cannot import Quantity, Unit Price or ExtPrice.

I have tried several different fields but non of them import. No errors so issue must lie somewhere else.

You tried the various InvDtl Qty fields? My next suggestion would be to start a trace, and manually add a few credit notes. Stop your trace, then parse through it and identify the various elements that get updated. This should show you if another table is being hit.

If you haven’t used Jose’s Trace Parser, it is highly recommended.
Trace Helper Utility for Epicor ERP 10 - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

1 Like

Interestingly, i cannot create Miscellaneous invoices… keeps stating duplicate entry when it definitely has no duplicate.

I don’t have dmt, and I’m not an accountant, but if you can find a way to do it manually, and provide me a trace, I can show you how.

Make sure your user account security settings are high enough. If you’re messing around in Pilot, make sure you are Security Manager, and that should open up most permissions issues. There may also be some restrictions based on Buyer, and Authorized User. Good luck!

Right, if i use DMT to create Invoices then any future invoices come up with the duplicate error. If i delete the Invoices imported via DMT theni can create an invoice no problem.

That’s the manual trace to look at.

@NateS

I don’t have DMT.
(Company decided to cheap out when they realized
I could update everything via BAQ/BPM/Dashboards) :rofl:
(And before I could use it lol!)

Can DMT update records, or just add and delete?

All three! Update, Add and Delete! It’s so worth it. I fought for a while for the same reason. But DMT just takes the pressure off a little.

Well then @Ricky90 probably just needs to make sure DMT is updating existing invoices instead of adding. At least to my understanding.

I’m still not exactly sure what a “credit note” is. Is it a credit memo?

yes Credit Note is a Credit Memo, i do apologise :slight_smile:

I thought it would be that straight forward but my issue seems to be the InvcDtl table.
the Quantity and Unit Price fields dont populate and no errors thrown through DMT.

If no one shows up with a slick simple solution for DMT, I will see if I can whip you something up.

Not sure why Quantity isn’t working but DMT prefers DocUnitPrice and calculates the UnitPrice even if you have only one currency.

I have tried both DocUnitPrice and UnitPrice. DMT states successful but then that field and SellingShipQty = 0.

I tried running it twice (first for Add, then to update) and that didnt do anything different.

What does the trace show?

1 Like

Hi, DMT is a acting like a bit of a joke. If i use DocDspUnitPrice and DspSellingQty. The Data goes in fine.

However, if i want to create another invoice after this i get the ‘This is a duplicate entry of an existing recod’ error message.

If i press Save and receive the error the same amount of times as their is lines populated through DMT the record then saves.

IE. 2 lines via DMT i have to press save 3 times (2 times i get the above error) then the third time it saves.

The issue was i was sending the Invoice number rather than leaving as 0.
This thread can now be closed.

Thanks all.

2 Likes