Kinetic Browser Context menu vs Kinetic Client Context menu

So I am rolling out Kinetic in the browser to a group of users. These users don’t have rights to go to other group menu paths. i.e. they are finance and don’t have access to sales. This is pretty typical segregation of duties. The issue arises that things they should have access to, like order track for instance, they can’t access from the context menu but can surely navigate to Financial Management > Accounts Receivable > General Operations > Order Tracker and open it. Keep in mind that the securityID for the one under sales and the one under finance is the same. Epicor is giving me some pretty lame “It’s finally done right” answer that users don’t have access to it. When in reality even if they changed the way they did security The user most certainly does have access to Order Tracker. Has anyone found this same issue and Has anyone gotten Epicor to act on the fact that logically they broke the context menu security and need to fix it?

1 Like

I wonder if its related to this change? 2022.2.8 - "Due to security settings or module licensing process is unavailable." - #12 by Jeff_Owens

Also maybe related to this? Epicor Kinetic Ideas

Hardening security-> Good
Breaking stuff when you do → Sucks, but expected
Ignoring the problem while expecting your users to fix it → Worse
Probably rolling out an update at some point that breaks what your users fixed for you → Unacceptable

It’s pretty similar but the problem is we have no way to export import the Context menu items. The terrible part is they implement this but don’t add a hidden security zone like processes that the context menu relates to and each individual item has the security that the seccode all across the system has. I truly don’t think this was intentional as it only happens in the browser not in kinetic client with kinetic screens. Logically if they did it in one they should have done it in all. They say it was intentional but it feels accidental

We are are at the worse part it better not get to unacceptable.

first time GIF

No unfortunately it’s not haha.