Kinetic - rest-erp loop and row-update

Hello All.

I’m new using application studio, and I would like to call UserCodes.GetByID, then do something equivalent to a loop and find all UDCode within that CodeTypeID and update a field for each UDCode in my screenform. is that possible?

thanks in advance

regards

Individual fields, or a grid?

Could you explain further, I’m wondering if doing most of it server side would be appropriate.

Hello @klincecum, there are like 4 individual fields, those should not increase. I think it is not worth it to do this on the server side.

I have a combo that matches 3 UDCodeTypea, each Code Type have 4 UDCodes, I need to grab those and put them in to POHeader.

thanks for your help

Looping in App Studio is done with a dataview-condition.
Details can be found here: How To: Adding Columns to Existing Kinetic Grid - Experts’ Corner - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

1 Like

It’s almost always worth it to do server side if you can.

2 Likes

Sometimes you need to trade off efficiency to save your sanity. If you happen to have any left.

you are right, I just say it because doing the getbyid, I should have all the data right there. :smile:

I can change the user codes to have only one UDCode, and just split the long description into the different values, not sure which one could be easier to do in aaplication studio, what do you think?

just not sure how to do the split here

thanks in advance

So I ended up with a BAQ, adding a New View, then when initialize the control (event) a combo to select the filter, I call the BAQ and populate the new view, then on a new event when column changed I used a dataview-filter-set and then a row-update. seems to be ok.

thanks everyone