Labor Posting

I got it now. It’s different than our plan, but, we will adjust. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

We don’t have GL control setup for employees but if your employees do work indirect labor and report those hrs, then i believe, you need to setup GL control for Indirect labor.

When you enter labor entry > select “Indirect” as labor type > enter hrs > then select the “Indirect labor code” under Indirect drop-drop (GL control linked).

The way we have setup is that each employee reports all his/her time on a labor sheet for the day which is entered in Epicor via Time and Expense entry. The time includes direct labor (setup and Run hrs) and also Indirect labor for a total of say 8 hrs/day. All the direct labor goes against the jobs and all the indirect labor is put against what ever indirect labor they performed, each one linked to a Indirect labor code which has GL control linked.

We have multiple indirect codes setup up (ex. maintenance, housekeeping, rework, etc).

In our setup my understanding is that the direct labor GL transactions come from the expense code (and associated GL Control) that is assigned to each employee. Indirect labor, as Al said, comes from the GL control attached to each indirect labor code.

I haven’t tested this but my assumption would be that any GL control assigned to the employee would take precedence followed by any assigned to the expense code and finally any at the department level. We don’t have any assigned at the employee or department level.

When you say direct labor GL transactions do you mean WIP labor? Just want to be sure I understand the issue.

Correct. Within that GL control you can set Applied Labor, Applied Overhead, COS Burden and COS Labor.

Got it…those accounts are only found in the product group and the inventory/Wip/cos GL control codes.