Mass required by date change on jobs

The issue I am having is that there was a sales order in my system that had a date of 2/17. I firmed 35 jobs that have a required by date of 2/17 that are all tied to the demand link of the same sales order.

The sales order has since changed dates to 3/15. I want to change the required by date to all of these jobs to match the sales order date.

Is there a way to mass change all 35 jobs required by date at the same time? Right now, the only way I would know how to do it would be to go into each job in ‘Job Entry’ and change the date there. This seems very time consuming, and I feel like there has to be a more efficient way!

Welcome Caleb!
Data Management Tool to the rescue! The DMT is a module you purchase from Epicor that allows you to mass update pretty much anything in Epicor. It is fast, and relatively easy to use.

If you don’t have DMT (and can’t get it), the work needed to automate this entry would probably be slower than manually updating each record. However, if you still want to go the automation route, you have to first determine which methods are being used when you manually update the req by date. Do this by running a trace and parsing it with Jose’s handy tool. Trace Helper Utility for Epicor ERP 10 - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Once you know the methods, you can begin to build a BPM that replicates the same methods. This is entirely doable, but the process will be slow if this is your first time. If you have the ability, I highly recommend getting the DMT for your company.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! I will try to see if I can get the people who have access to DMT and try that out! Totally went over my head that could be an option!

Also, off topic to what you’ve requested but you could also implement Quick Job Entry via DMT. I’ve been doing it for the last year and it’s so much more efficient, try and request access. :sweat_smile:

DMT will change the due dates, but the jobs still need to be scheduled again. You can use job manager to reschedule them. I took the baq from this thread and made our own reschedule dashboard.

2 Likes