MES Customization

Morning Guy’s

A little help if you would. I have a created a complete MES customization which includes a few custom screens. The system works fine however i am having an issue deploying it.
Previously i would have gone to the menu maintenance and created a custom process menu item which includes the customization. Then linked this menu ID to the mfgsys file.

No matter what i put in the program box i cannot get the customization to show in the Customization box.

Hi Stuart,

From what I remember, what you described there is the first step. The second would be to update the sysconfig on the client. I use the ConfigEditor for that (in the same folder as your Epicor.exe):

Dragos

I have done this before, if I understand you correctly and it is the problem your seeing -
Some times menu maintenance will not give you the option to switch out the base version with a customisation you have done, it’s a bug. To get around it you have to do a UBAQ to update the arguments field against it in the Ice.MENU table. Adding a “ –c Yourcustomisationname” to the end of anything already in there.

Thanks Guy’s

Still a little confused. Previously i would have created a custom process menu ID.
This would have enabled me to set the customization.

Then as per Drago’s post update the sysconfig to point to the new menuID created.
Either the process has changed or i am doing something wrong.

What do i need to enter into the program box. ?

is it - Erp.Menu.Mes.dll

2 Likes

Thanks Nick. All installed and working fine.