New Company enrollment brainstorming

Hi Everyone,

Out of curiosity, I came across a question in my mind and am wondering what’s the best option that are available out there for enrollment of new company.

Testing are usually carried out in test/pilot. I’ve always heard of the saying that goes by copying the pilot to live once everything is in order. However, what if there is another live on-going company already in the current database?

Thanks and Regards,
CK

That is probably only during the first company ever. Most of the time your Production is your Go-Live Company. I haven’t had a Pilot in years.

DEV → TST → PRD and on the side we always had TRN (For UAT and Training purposes).

:sweat_smile:Yes that would only be applicable for the first company for sure :grinning:
I’m just wondering on the best practice out there for the subsequent company if the first company went live.

It depends on your size. Let’s take Big Corp, Inc as an example. The idea for Big Corp is that the more you do it, the better you become at it.

DEV/TST: Developers / Business Analysts
PLT/PRD: Business Analysts / Users

At Big Corp, Inc we created the new company in TST, then we showed the steps at the Validation meetings, once everyone gave a Yay we proceeded to create it in TRN/PRD, it also gives the Team an opportunity to say “Hey your USD Decimals are off, or you misspelled the Company ID”

Once you have the new company you build DMT Playlists and the same thing applies you would DMT it first into TST then prove to your team that it all went in correctly, via screenshots or a MS Teams meeting. Then once approved you proceed to replicate the steps in Production. Rinse and Repeat… You build an entire Playlist with DMT for that Cut-Over weekend and you Go-Live straight in PRD.

Thats it in a Nutshell.

When it comes to Customizations, you define a Main Company, some even create an empty company called “GLB” to store their code. Then instead of hardcoding, you come up with a Common Solution that works for all. The ERP Governance team owns the Setup Data such as UOM, so if 1 company gets a specific UOM, they all get it, whether they use it or not, making your growth and Multi-Company much simpler to maintain.

3 Likes

We did what Haso suggested. We made a copy of Prod and ran the Playbook entering the new company. Once some of the static items were settled (GL Accounts, Reason Codes, even part numbers.), we’d enter them into Prod and removed them from the Playbook to reduce the time to live.

We just kept iterating until we got it right. That made the launch a breeze.

3 Likes

Same thing here!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the valuable input! I’ve got the idea on how to proceed now.