No RowMod in ds.xxx dataset?

Hey,

In a post process directive I’m setting some UD fields in ProjectCst. I do a GetByID, some custom code to set the values, and then setters to fill the fields. All good. But it doesn’t save when I update the dataset. The values display in the form until I do a refresh, and then they return to what they were before.

I figured I might need to set RowMod before the update, but I don’t see one in the new “ds.” temp tables.

Since these are UD fields I could just use Db.Validate() in the code, but I’d like to know how to do it through the BO.

Thanks,

Joe

What variable are you doing the GetByID in? Did you make your own variable like dsNew, if so you should see 2 tables in your list:

• ds.ProjectCst
  • dsNew.ProjectCst

Also is this in a PRE or POST? I’ve seen folks do it in a PRE which causes troubles.

I did a GetByID on the ds tableset, set the fields, and then did an Update. I see the tables, but they don’t include a RowMod field to set to “U” so they would update. I haven’t had this issue before, and I’ve not had to set RowMod either.

Yes, this is in a post-process directive.

I’ve solved the immediate problem by doing it in code with a Db.Validate(), and then running another GetByID to bring the changes into the dataset. I don’t mind doing that on UD fields, but wondering if I can set a system field like this down the road.

Joe