Notify customers if orders are late

I’m working on converting to Kinetic from 10.1.400.38 and expect to go live before year end.

One thing we want to do after conversion is be able to notify customers if an order is going to ship late. We know about Part Advisor and can see the orders in there, with their Ship By date. (does anyone know if this is the Ship By date from the header or release?)

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get from there to a mass email to all customers stating that their order(s) will be delayed due to whatever reason?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

@kskipper Shipments are related to the release. The header and line dates are just ways to not have to enter data over and over.

I would do a baq to get the orders you want and then follow this thread to email based on the ubaq data.

I was recently on a project to do this very thing - figure out when the customer’s order will actually ship and notify them if it will not be when they requested (or if it changes). Ship-by date give you when it should ship (i.e. when you promised to ship). A tough part is identifying which supply will fill a particular customer’s demand. Multi-level pegging can help with this, although it is not a hard peg/allocation. Also depends on whether the order is a make direct or ship from stock.

Lots of things can muddy the water too - how dependable are supplier delivery dates for your materials, how accurate is the job schedule, what happens with other customers’ “rush” orders, etc.

Turned out to be more complicated than we first thought, for a bunch of reasons.

1 Like

This solution appears to be about emailing a static email address. Any thoughts on emailing each customer whose order is going to be late?

The code above the solution from Jose is what I am referring to. That uses the baq data to send the emails.