Odd behavior with form modification

Strange issue here; I am copying the standard SSRS PO Form, with the standard PO Form data definition to a new directory from where I can start customizing the PO (just adding logo and some text). I have a PO for testing with a single line and a couple of releases.

I did a print preview of the original canned PO and it looks good. As soon as I print preview the copied PO Form (unedited, with the stock PO Form data definition) the PO total is off on this form: the releases seem to be added to the line total which doubles the PO. If there are no multiple releases on the line, the PO total amount is fine.

I am not sure where the corruption comes in. I just copied stock form and used stock data definition to a newly created empty folder, yet the results are off. Hope anyone has seen this before and know how to fix.

Thanks!

Did you click “Sync Dataset”? If so, start over. It will be faster to fix.

1 Like

Sure did.

As soon as I start over (copy std ssrs report and use the same std PO Form data definition) and print preview it, this clone adds up the individual releases to the line total (or at least I think that’s what it does) and inflates the PO Total Amt. Note; I didn’t change the report or the data source.

Sync Dataset does not work well 90% of the time. It really is best for BAQReports. Most Epicor SSRS reports use a strange dataset with the labels built in…

1 Like

I agree with Jason and so do folks from Epicor. It is too difficult to do what it intended to do. That button might even disappear in the near future.

Start again, but second time around don’t push Sync Dataset.

OMG. That worked. Un.Be.Lievable.

Thanks!!!

@psiebers that button has its own meme

– Credits: @Jgemery

1 Like

A follow-up hint when copying a built-in report/form. Use the Copy function in the Report Style Maintenance. This will ensure that sub-reports get copied too.