Operation Status Icons on Job Tree View and...logic?

Wondering what determines which status icon will display for an operation in the job tree view? If based on the value in a table.field or if these get calculated on the fly?

Currently looking because of a random issue where an operation can be complete but… the correct icon is not displayed in the tree view?
Hoping it might be possible to list these in a dashboard.

I did find this topic on the material icons (thanks)

but have not located similar info for the operation icons.

@bordway This is from Kinetic help. There is very little on Operations.

Job Entry - Job Tree View (Job Entry > Job Tree View)

Icon Detail

Icon Description
Indicates that this item is a project.
Indicates that this item is a standard job.
Indicates that this is an assembly linked to the job.
Indicates that the assembly is on the critical path. Any delay to an item on the critical path will delay the job’s completion.
Indicates that this assembly has a problem with the availability of its material needs.
Indicates an operation that has not been run yet. This icon may also be coupled with the “tag with a red dot” icon to indicate that there are material constraints for the operation.
Indicates that an operation is complete.
Indicates that this operation has a problem with its capacity. This icon may also be coupled with the “tag with a red dot” icon to indicate that there are material constraints as well as capacity constraints.
Indicates that this is a subcontract operation. This icon may also display with a red dot to indicate that the subcontract operation has a capacity constraint.
Indicates that this subcontract operation is complete.
Indicates that this item is a material. This is the default icon for material.
This icon can appear for one of several reasons:
  • These materials have been issued to the job.
  • The job material does not have a required date. This is either because the job was not scheduled, or the material was added after the job was scheduled.
  • The job material is from stock, and it is Make Direct.
  • The job material is from stock, and is coming from a different site, from which the material has already been shipped.
  • The job material PO release (if purchased) has a received quantity, or will be here before the Material Required Date.|
    ||Indicates that the backflush location does not have enough on-hand quantity to satisfy the requirement, but the job material record’s warehouse - plus the backflush warehouse - does have enough on-hand quantity.|
    ||Indicates that, today, there is not enough stock available to satisfy job’s material requirement.

Example: You currently carry 20 units of ‘Part A’ in stock, but require 100 pieces to satisfy the job. If you schedule the job, the red dot displays, indicating that there is not enough on-hand quantity available to cover the material requirement. Now, if you enter a purchase order for 80 pieces and reschedule the job, the red dot will still display. For the red dot to clear, you must receive the purchase order and reschedule the job .|
||Indicates a material with a zero quantity per parent for which nothing has been issued. The icon will display even after the job is completed and closed, so long as the material is not issued.|
||Indicates a material with a zero quantity per parent for which material has been issued on this job. The icon will display even after the job is completed and closed.|
||Indicates that there is not enough of an on hand quantity of constrained material available to satisfy job’s material requirement. As a result, the job operation requiring the material is pushed to its lead time.

Example: You carry 20 units of Part B (Constrained Part) in stock, but require 50 pieces to satisfy the job. If you schedule the job, the orange dot displays, indicating that there is currently not enough on-hand quantity available to cover the material requirement. When determining the stock availability, the Epicor application also considers incoming demand in the future. Now, if you enter a purchase order for 30 pieces and you reschedule the job, the orange dot will change to red.|

||Indicates that the part revision has changed.|

1 Like

Thanks, I already have a pretty good idea which icons are SUPPOSED to display, based operation status.

Instead I’m trying to figure out how the program updates operation icons in the treeview ( or doesn’t ). i.e. some value is stored in a table.field (like does for material icons) or if it’s “on the fly” per business object/calculation?

But I suspect “something” is stored somewhere.
Since occasionally I find an op in the treeview is out of whack, no icon to match the operation status.

1 Like

Did you ever figure out how the logic works for the red icons on the mtls ? I am trying to create a condition to not show any icons if part = non qty

No… never did find a controlling field.
A few times I noticed reversing/re-issuing fixes icons but… didn’t look much beyond that.

The icons are set after get rows for job mtl “JobMtlAfterGetRows”.
A private method named setValuesForIcons() get’s called and sets the icon status values.
Those are stored in the ttJobMtl table under “ShowStatusIcon”.

In a BPM after get rows you could try and do some editing to that “ShowStatusIcon” and set it to “Normal” or maybe even “Complete”

May have to do this in a screen customization too can’t tell but the adapter/BO method called that reloads it all is GetDatasetForTree

5 Likes

I did find in the SQL server some of the values for the ShowStatusIcon field - Normal, BackFlush, Attention and MtlZero

Milan Stegnjaic​
IT Coordinator

1‑800‑827‑6443 x240 |
Office: 905‑871‑4720

mstegnjaic@abatement.ca | www.abatement.ca

7 High St. Fort Erie, ON L2A 3P6

Note: This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the addressee named above, any use, copying, distribution, or disclosure is strictly unauthorized. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and any attachments. Thank you.

I got it. You can manipulate the icons in the “GetDatasetForTree” method of BO.JobEntry.
Post processing you want to loop the result.JobMtl tables and update ShowStatusIcon based on your own logic. Here I made everything show as 0 qty required but having issued material against it (green 0 = MtlZeroI and a blue 0 = MtlZero).

foreach(var tt in result.JobMtl)
{
  tt.ShowStatusIcon = "MtlZeroI";
}
4 Likes

I think that’s great. But one should learn how to Setup your part masters properly, and worry less about an icon. Been doing this for a decade, never had an issue with the icons. :poop: If you do, chances are you have a bigger problem, it is a symptom.

Is this a recent Epicor Bug? havent seen it yet.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it as far back as V8. As far as I can tell… not related to part master but instead certain, “odd” entry sequences.
(not only icons… have seen similar issues with summary fields in order tracker, partdtl, etc…)

example (that used to work at least, haven’t tried lately)

• part setup
    – part sheet, quickly toggling NonStock multiple times
    – keep checking site sheet… eventually that NonStock will be out of sync
1 Like

What would cause the SQL DB not to update but the icon is there? The job needs 10, but I have 5 in stock.

The icon data is never stored at a SQL level, it is calculated in the dataview when it loads.

1 Like

Something is populating my Sql Database.

Did you input this code within a post processing BPM custom code caller or in the customization of job entry ? My logic will be something like this so I will need to grab the QtyBearing field

foreach(var tt in result.JotMtl)
{
if Part.QtyBearing = false
{tt.ShowStatusIcon = “MtlZeroI”;
}

BPM Post Process