Override job number when firming an unfirm job?

Similar problem here: I want to grab the 1st and 2nd line of assembly numbers for each JobAsm under ASM 0. Then I want to populate a concatenation of the two to a UD field in all the Child assemblies and sub-assemblies below each of the main two assemblies. I have all the cans but I am missing the plastic thingy to make it a six pack.

Paul

Hi has anyone found the solution? I’m still scratching my head here, I can’t change the JobMtl, JobOper etc

Do you mean changing the Assembly? Because the topic is about changing the job number when an order is marked as Firmed.

Changing the JobAssembly isn’t that diffucult you just have to use the proper implementations for each one.

Well, sure, but “changing the job number” is more than changing JobHead. I did that in 2019. That’s not the challenge.

I have a BPM which will allow you to change the Job number at the point of job firming, it also handles sub assemblies, materials and ops etc. If this is the requirement let me know and i will dig it out.

1 Like

@Neil_Jones Hi, yes that is what I mean. For now, I’m using SQL server trigger to change all the materials ops, etc. But I think its bad practice

Yes, because when we only change the JobNumber the JobHead will have empty Materials, Operation, Demand summary, etc. I’m using SQL Trigger now to change all the data but I don’t know if it’s the best practice.

This is terrible practice…

Agree with Neil here. It is a poor practice to put dynamic information into database keys, and some would argue (like part numbers) that primary keys should contain little or no information, i.e. not “smart”. Personally, I would add an attribute (UD Field) to the record to disseminate this extra information. It appears you have been asked to replicate the previous manual system instead of taking the opportunity to transform the process.

Neil, I’m curious if you have this BPM (and how you’re accomplishing it).