Parent Part BOM Cost

Hi folks, happy holidays.

I know there are numerous posts regarding this topic dating way back into Vantage. But I can’t find a definite answer. Excuse me if it has already been answered.

I’m wondering if I can write a simple BAQ to link a Parent Part to find a list of all the BOM items for the part and their cost.

The idea was to query Part → PartMtl → PartCost to get the Avg Material Cost value for each BOM line of the parent part:

SKU-1234, SKU-1234-A, $30.00
SKU-1234, SKU-1234-B, $70.00
SKU-1234, SKU-1234-C, $23.45

…but I believe someone mentioned that the PartCost table doesn’t get updated on its own unless you run the Costing Workbench – is that true?

Ideally, if possible, I’d prefer to have a query data that produces:
PartPartNum, SumOfAvgMaterialCostsForAllBOMParts

SKU-1234, $123.45

But I’ll take what I can get. Any thoughts?

@Jeff_Owens Simple kind of depends on how deep your boms are. We are 99% single level with a handful of 2nd level so I was able to go PartRev - PartMtl - PartCost and add a getlist routine to check if the MtlPartNum was a PartMtl.PartNum and add them in. If you are multilevel it gets harder,

I think that is standard does not get updated without a rollup, but average is for all transactions that go thru Inventory. If you purchased direct I am not sure average gets updated. I assume last would always

This has examples of getting to all levels of a bom.

Thanks. We also are only 1 level.

But I got a little lost in your reply. Are you saying that Avg Material Cost WOULD need to have the Costing Workbench ran first or no?

Avg is updated on every inventory transaction. Keep in mind direct purchases do not go thru inventory, so I am not sure they would.