Purchasing/Rcvg

I can’t believe I have never run into this before but…

I am doing some analysis on our purchasing/receiving process. In the course of retrieving receiving data, I noticed a discrepancy between the receipts screen and the rcvdtl database. In particular the rcvdtl.arrivedDate field. I have never compared the 2 before. I can now assume the screen is getting its value from some other source or some form of calculation. The question is from where or how?

image image

As you can see the PO Tracker shows the arrival at 1/30/2020 (which is correct) versus the BAQ/data field value of 2/4/2020. I looked at the field help and there is no database field reference.

Anyone know the answer to this riddle or better yet a trick to find out where the value came from?

Thanks all.

Hi Keith,

Another member of the forum has produced a Windows Help file on the entire DB schema:

If you can find out what the field is called and it’s in the schema that may provide some additional help.

If it’s not in there it could be a custom field which you’d have to track down who created it.

Thanks Matt, unfortunately it was not a custom field, it is native to Epicor. When looking at field help it has a non-table-field binding (if that is such a thing). I will download the schema help and search for arrivedDate and see if I can locate a plausible location.

Pretty sure it’s coming from RcvHead.ArrivedDate

Hmmmn, good question
Checking on a 10.1…600 system & the Arrived Dates are all blank in the PO Tracker, receipts sheet.
but ArrivedDate is populated in both RcvHead and RcvDtl tables?
Possibly differing bugs involved depending on versions?

I’m not sure when they added ArrivalDate but I believe it’s relatively new.
I know it can be changed in receipt entry by users but am not sure what the design intent was.

FYI… per trace I get this when retrieving receipts
Erp.Proxy.BO.POImpl
GetPOReceipts
net.tcp://xxxxxx/ERP101600/
Erp.Tablesets.POReceiptsTableset

RcvHead entry date

I believe arrival date is used in container tracking.

Container Receipt-Contents Fields

• Arrived - The container shipment items are on site but not yet available for inventory. Cost can still be applied

Thanks Rick, we believe you are correct. They seem to match in our test runs. Thanks.