Quantity Only BPM

I have a job operation that is marked as quantity only, We want to maintain the burden rate of the operation. However when a emp clocks into the job, no matter how long or short the setup is they get assigned the full labor hrs of that operation. So if it takes 10mins to start an operation but the run time is 15hrs, the user’s time is clocked as 15 hrs.

What we want to do is to keep tracking the per hour’s work that a employee does for the quantity only labor entry.

I’ve attempted to add a pre-processing method directive on the labor update. I found the line transaction and if the emp is clocking out of a Quantity only job. and there I tried to set field to a specific amount to see if I could.

But after the update goes through, the value I manually added doesn’t show in the table. Is there a better place or do i need to do a update in the post processing?

TBH, if you want to track labor hours then setting the operation to quantity only is antithetical to your desires. It would be similar to asking Kinetic to monitor inventory for a non quantity bearing part. :person_shrugging:

What is the business problem that you’re trying to solve? Why was quantity only chosen for this operation when it’s clearly not what your company wants?

2 Likes

We are looking to maintain the estimate=actual behavior for “Burden Hours”. So we an have Burden hours = operation estimate and labor hours = Actual hours. It seems that to get the results of estimate = burden hours setting Qty was the only way.

Seems like it would be much easier to do a BPM to change Burden Hours back to the ProdStandard than it would be to try to track time on a Quantity Only operation.

1 Like

Have you tried setting the Resource Group to use estimates?

We will continue testing and seeing how use estimates work. The field help is unclear if it will do what we hope it will.

What we are really hoping to do is to unlink the Burden from the Labor so it isn’t 1=1.

I think my best course of action may be to setup a resource type or some sort of UD field to flag a bpm to make adjustments to the burden as we go.

If there is a better way do let me know.

I don’t think a UD Field would be necessary. A Data Directive on LaborDtl would probably do the job. You’ll definitely want to test this to see if I missed anything that you’d want to catch, but this should be a good starting point:

var ld = ttLaborDtl.FirstOrDefault( x => x.Added() );

if ( ld == null ) return;

var thisJobOP = Db.JobOper.Where( x => 
                            x.JobNum == ld.JobNum && 
                            x.AssemblySeq == ld.AssemblySeq && 
                            x.OprSeq == ld.OprSeq )
                        .FirstOrDefault();

if ( thisJobOp == null ) return;

ld.BurdenHrs = thisJobOp.ProdStandard * ld.LaborQty;

Edited to add in validating the JobOper row.

This is great to get me along.

The UD field is more to identifying which operations or resource groups we want to apply this quantity only burden/labor change.

The problem is with a single specific project at the moment but there is a chance that it would need to be applied to other resources/operations.