Quote to order method

I’m writing a BPM that modifies the sales order when it is created from the quote. When I run a trace the log does not show any sales order methods being called. Does anyone have any experience with the quote to order methods?

Have a look at this post, it shows how to find and set fields on a Sales Order from a quote

You can set any header fields with this code and with a little tinkering you can set detail fields too

There are two methods (from two BO’s) that create an order from a quote. If you’re in Quote Entry, then Quote.CreateOrder() is used.

If your in Order Entry, then something like Sales.GetQuote() (I’m sure that’s not right, I’m going from memory. Just look for a Sales method whose name implies making the order from a quote)

1 Like

Thanks that’s a great example. I’m trying to make changes to the lines instead of the header. When i run this it modifies the first line of the order but not the following lines.

Ok, can you post what you have done, I’ll have a look at it

Some examples…

//Sets OrderDtl fields 
var OrderDtls = Db.OrderDtl.Where(o => o.Company == Session.CompanyID && o.OrderNum == orderNum).ToList();
if(OrderDtl != null)
{
  foreach( var OrderDtl in OrderDtls)
  {
    OrderDtl.field1Name = "value"; // or other reference
  }
}

//Sets SO detail fields from quoteDtls

var orderDtls = Db.OrderDtl.Where(o => o.Company == Session.CompanyID && o.OrderNum == orderNum).ToList();
if(orderDtls != null)
{
  foreach(var orderDtl in orderDtls)
  {
    var quoteDtl = Db.QuoteDtl.Where(qd => qd.Company == Session.CompanyID && qd.QuoteNum == orderDtl.QuoteNum  && qd.QuoteLine == orderDtl.QuoteLine).FirstOrDefault();  // this will pull all fields from quote detail you may want to limit this

orderDtl.Fieldtoupdate = quoteDtl.fieldName;
  }
}

//Sets SO detail fields from quoteDtls (limited fields)

var orderDtls = Db.OrderDtl.Where(o => o.Company == Session.CompanyID && o.OrderNum == orderNum).ToList();
if(orderDtls != null)
{
  foreach( var orderDtl in orderDtls)
  {
    var quoteDtl = Db.QuoteDtl.Where(qd => qd.Company == Session.CompanyID && qd.QuoteNum == orderDtl.QuoteNum  && qd.QuoteLine == orderDtl.QuoteLine).Select(x => new{x.field1Name, x.field2Name}).FirstOrDefault();

orderDtl.Field1toupdate = quoteDtl.field1Name;
    orderDtl.Field2toupdate = quoteDtl.field2Name;
  }
}

Also on Github

1 Like

I believe I have it figured out thanks to your examples. Thank you !

1 Like

i don’t know if you can help me.

I have progress code and i need to convert in SQL/C# and i start in programation and i never saw progress.

the progress abl code is

FOR EACH ttQuoteDtl :

FIND FIRST OrderDtl WHERE OrderDtl.Company = ttQuoteDtl.Company AND OrderDtl.OrderNum = OrderNum AND 
	OrderDtl.QuoteNum = ttQuoteDtl.QuoteNum AND OrderDtl.QuoteLine = ttQuoteDtl.QuoteLine EXCLUSIVE-LOCK NO-ERROR.
IF AVAILABLE OrderDtl THEN
DO:
	ASSIGN OrderDtl.Reference = String(ttQuoteDtl.Number09, "9.999"). 
	FIND FIRST OrderHed WHERE OrderHed.Company = OrderDtl.Company AND OrderHed.OrderNum = OrderDtl.OrderNum EXCLUSIVE-LOCK NO-ERROR.
IF OrderHed.OrderComment = "" THEN
DO:
		FIND FIRST ttQuoteHed WHERE ttQuoteHed.Company = ttQuoteDtl.Company AND ttQuoteHed.QuoteNum = ttQuoteDtl.QuoteNum NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
ASSIGN OrderHed.OrderComment = ttQuoteHed.QuoteComment.
  Assign OrderHed.UserChar1 = ttQuoteHed.UserChar1.
	END.
END.

END.