Quotes not expiring?

My coworker sent the screenshot below asking why quotes don’t have the expired checkbox checked when the expiration data has passed. I don’t know anything about quotes or expiration dates so hoping someone can point us in the right direction…

I believe (don’t do it, test first) you need to run the quote expiration process

2 Likes

You need to run the Quote Expiration process

As mentioned, you need to run the Process Quote Expiration function. We have it set up as a scheduled task to run every day at 12:01 AM, normally takes less than a minute to run. One point to note is that unquoted quotes never expire, because the function does not process quotes for which the Quoted check box is clear/cleared, which also means that ExpirationDate is null (I don’t know which field the application actually checks during the processing).

1 Like

Also bare in mind that this Quote Expiration Process that you need to run only marks the box as expired. It doesn’t actually lose the quote, so sales can still modify/duplicate until its manually lost by someone. I recently had to write a BAQ BPM to lose the quotes in addition to expiring them in the db

Thanks for the additional info.

Thanks for that reminder, good point.

1 Like

Would you be willing to share that BPM? We are in the process of doing the exact same process you described. With Raw material costs that are so volatile right now our management is wanting us to lose any quotes that are older than 7 days.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder @RSheridan!

Please validate/test before pushing to production. Use at your own risk blah blah stuff. You’ll need to change the reason code to your own reason codes

TPC_QuoteExpiration.baq (43.1 KB)

1 Like

I really appreciate you sharing Chance. We will load this into our test environment and check functionality.