RDD report with User Parameter

I followed the suggestions in this thread and have successfully made several label reports using RDD and SSRS Reports for the shop floor to print box labels and the like for specific jobs types.

I’ve also created BAQ Report Designer reports with option fields and passed those along to the report design.

Now I need a label that will have BAQ parameters (OrderNum/OrderLine parameter input by user) to pass to the report but also an Option field for the user to type in a quantity that will print on the label. I can’t quite wrap my brain around doing both. If I create an RDD/SSRS report, how to I create an input field for the user to enter that will pass along to the report design when it’s not a BAQ Report Design?

I have resolved this on my own. It must be obvious to other but just in case.

I added another parameter to the BAQ then created a calculated field that references the added parameter. So when the BAQ runs the user is asked to input the quantity to reference the parameter. The parameter can then be included in the RDD and the SSRS report.

Glad you figured something out. If it gives you problems look at the following:

Thanks Calvin! I’ve read many threads from you with solutions to similar problems you always seem to have an answer and it is much appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face: