Report won't run in Report Builder

I’ve created a custom version of the JobTrav report and RDD. I had it working at one point. Then, I modified the RDD. I currently have the report working in Epicor, but when I download the report style and run it in Report Builder, with a current table GUID, it locks up and times out. I need to modify the report, so I need to having it working in Report Builder.

Troubleshooting I have tried:

• Ran the report in Epicor with a week period for archiving to ensure I have current database for the table GUID.
  • Redownloaded the report style and updated the table GUID parameter in Report Builder
    *In the Dataset properties, I looked for anything unusual in the sql expression and clicked the Refresh Fields button.

What is the best way to troubleshoot this type of problem - when it works in Epicor but won’t run in Report Builder?

Running Report builder from your local machine?

Do other downloaded reports preview in Report builder okay?

You using the Report Style menu Action -> Download Report to get it on your local machine? If so, when that is run does it show all the Subreports required were also downloaded?

First thing I’d check, is that any sub-reports only have a relative path.

For example, the main form is SO_Form.RDL, and its path in Report Style is reports/CustomReports/SO_Ack. It uses a sub-report SO_Form_sub1.RDL, which is in the same folder as SO_Form.RDL, then the location value in the sub-reports properties, should just be SO_Form_sub1.RDL (no path included)

I’m not sure the exact reason, but if I log into my workstation as my “normal” user (ckrusen) i can run E10 without problems. Even downloading reports to my machine. I can launch Report Builder on my workstation, and open a downloaded report, no problem. I can edit it, save, and even upload it back to the server (Via the Report Style Upload). But If I try to preview it, if balks about accessing the connection.

Now if launch Report Builder with my admin user id (exas_ckrusen), I can load the report and preview it no problem. I’m pretty sure it has to do with user security setting in the SQL DB.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I am using the Report Style menu Action -> Download Report to get it on the local machine.
Yes, it shows all the Subreports required were also downloaded.

I removed the old JobTaveler folder and redownloaded it. Now, when I run it I get an error instead of report builder locking up. I am getting this error:
Query execution failed for dataset ‘RptParameter’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

Any tips on troubleshooting that error would be helpful.

Sounds like there is an error in query expression for the RptParameter dataset.

You are On Premises, so check the reports DB on the SQL server, to make sure that exists. If you don’t have access to the SQL server, follow the directions in the following post, on how to make a sub-report that connects directly to the DB. But when you get to the part about selecting the DB (#8 in the figures), choose the DB that holds the temp report tables. It’s whatever it was named when the App was deployed in EAC.

Then in the query Designer (after step 16 above), Scroll to see if the temp table is there.